The season of the Davis Library.

The season of the Davis Library.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!

Welcome back to the real world! Now that we've gotten all that chocolate and peppermint out of our systems, it's time to settle back down...with more books!

Just before we closed for the winter holidays, we got another shipment of books! In this case, they were mostly the ones I'd originally ordered back in November, but had had some sort of shipping issue with Amazon.

I'm going to be using the Toadstool from now on, I think, so that shouldn't happen again, folks! In our big box of fun stuff included:


This is an amazing book that I couldn't put down, even when I was sure something TERRIBLE was about to happen. There's magic, kings, queens, murder, betrayal (lots), princes trapped in a tower, and it's all (mostly) true! I can't wait for the rest of this series, and am thinking we need to get the Tudor series (which I'm assuming picks up either later or at least follows Henry & his family).


I read the first of this series over vacation, and I have to say, it's pretty darned good. Two smart, sassy, powerful & sorta ultraviolent highschool girls that aren't your average badass vampire/vampire-guardian chicks... Plus, of course, tragic romance. What's not to love?

And more!

Come see!

Please?

-Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment